Wedding Photography FAQ
Here are a few Wedding Photography Questions that I get asked on a regular basis
Do you offer video ??
Why We Collaborate with Videographers
In today’s digital landscape, visual content has become a cornerstone of effective communication. While our primary focus is on delivering exceptional services in our niche, we understand the importance of offering a comprehensive multimedia experience to our clients. That’s why we’ve chosen to collaborate closely with three or four skilled videographers rather than offering videography services in-house. Here’s why:
- **Specialization: ** Our core expertise lies in wedding photography, and we believe in mastering what we do best. By working closely with specialized videographers, we ensure that every aspect of your wedding day is handled by professionals who excel in their respective fields.
- **Access to Talent:** Our network of videographers comprises highly experienced professionals with diverse styles and creative approaches. This allows us to recommend the perfect videographer to your wedding day’s unique requirements.
- **Latest Technology:** Videography involves rapidly evolving technology and equipment. Collaborating with dedicated videographers ensures access to the latest tools and techniques, enhancing the overall quality and impact of your multimedia content.
- **Cost Efficiency:** Maintaining an in-house videography team can be costly, from equipment investment to ongoing training and payroll. By partnering with videographers on a wedding to wedding basis, we can offer competitive pricing without compromising quality.
- **Creative Synergy:** Working closely with videographers fosters a dynamic creative synergy. We exchange ideas, brainstorm concepts, and collectively bring your vision to life, ensuring that every element complements each other seamlessly.
- **Client-Centric Approach:** Our priority is to meet your specific needs and exceed your expectations. By partnering with videographers, we have the flexibility to adapt to your evolving requirements and preferences.
Our decision to collaborate with experienced videographers rather than offering videography in-house allows us to provide a holistic and tailored multimedia solution for your projects. It’s all about delivering exceptional results while staying true to our core specialization.
Contact us today to discuss how our collaborative approach can elevate your visual content.
Do you travel to photograph weddings ?
Yes I do !
One of the best parts of what I do is being able to travel all over Australia & Internationally to photograph amazing weddings !
The only state in Australia I haven’t photographed a wedding in is WA
Question – I don’t really like my photo being taken and I don’t like posey photos
That’s great to hear because I don’t like posey photos either !
My style is very natural, I love to capture you as really are, your true personalities, to do that you have to be yourselves.
But in saying that I’ll generally guide you on what will look best, both as a couple and as a bridal party with the most flattering light and generally let you guys have fun as a group.
Whether that is cracking some bubbly or hanging out at your favourite bar in town. Of course there will be times when I will guide you as to how to stand etc but trust me when I say it’s fun and in no way corny, cheesy.
I Promise I won’t make you all jump into the air or draw an invisible love heart (feeling nauseous just thinking about that) ..
So relax we’ll have a ball and your day will be filled with lots of laughs !
Question – Do we have to have an album ?
Not at all, let’s face it weddings can be expensive and quite often your budget will change on a weekly basis as you get closer to your wedding. I do offer both album & non album packages so I’m totally flexible when it comes to your wedding images and the good news is that you don’t have to know what you want until we catch up in the final weeks before your wedding. So we can either book you in if you know what you’re wanting or you can make that decision closer to your day. Easy peasy right !?
Question – How long do you stay for ?
Usually my day would start with the boys around 11.00am and continue on with you guys until approx 9.00pm when you’re kicking your kicking your heels up on the dance floor. We all know things can get messy after that and some things don’t need to be photographed. Now every wedding will be different in its own way so this is a rough guide. We can chat more about timing in person.
Question – OMG what the heck do I do with this buttonhole flower ???
Fear not! I know exactly where and how to pin the boys buttonhole flowers on so just bring them with you to the ceremony and I’ll pop them on, promise I won’t stab you ..
Question – My Mum wants to know when she’ll be in photos and what time does my Dad need to be ready ?
Generally Mum’s will be getting ready with the girls so I’ll make sure Mums & Dads have their photos taken with the Bride etc before I leave the Brides preparation. Dad’s are usually making themselves scarce in another part of the apartment / house as the girls take over with hair & make up and maybe a glass or two of the bubbly stuff. As a bit of a guide it would be great if Dad was ready approx 20-30mins before I head off from the brides prep.
Question – Can we have a second photographer on the day ?
Of course you can, the option is there if you’d like to take advantage of a second photographer to cover ceremony etc up until the reception kicks off or up until 9.00pm ish.
Question – Do we NEED a second photographer on the day ?
In fact I shoot probably 98% of all my weddings solo, sure there are times when it’s a good idea to have a second photographer, but don’t be fooled into thinking you’re missing out if you don’t have one.
We can chat more about this during our face to face catch up.
So we’d like to book how does it all work ?
So you’ve visited the studio and we’ve talked all things wedding, so at this stage a lot of couples have already made up their minds with regards to the photographer they want so it’s as simple as paying the deposit which comes off the total price.
Or if you make better decisions after sleeping on it you can do that too, you’ll never feel pressured to make any decision that you’re not 100% happy to commit to.
Then as we get closer to your day we’ll catch up again and go over the finer details, where we’ll be at what time etc ..
It really is that easy !
*As a side note, don’t feel you MUST visit the studio to book me for your wedding, I have plenty of couples who’ve booked me from interstate & overseas without chatting face to face.
There is always Face time & Zoom for these times.
If you have a question that you’d like answered please feel to contact me !
Please do get in touch I’d love to hear from you !