Welcome to our Real Life Weddings page !
This is where the spotlight shines on all of the amazing weddings that we shoot !
Today the spotlight is on Anne-Louise & Chris
Almost exactly a year ago on a remote island in Vanuatu, after a picnic lunch to celebrate our 5 year anniversary.
Ceremony location: Chapel at St Josephs College, Gregory Terrace – Reception: Sky Room at Brisbane Convention & Exhibition Centre
Gown: Paddington Weddings – Wedding bands and engagement rings: Peter Bakker
Priest: Monsignor John Butler – Wedding Stylist Amini Concepts
Hair: Cath, CBD Weddings – Hair piece: Estelle – very talented Mum of the Matron of Honour
Bridal party attire: Girls: Two Birds Dress – Babushka Ballerina – Boys: Studio Italia Suit – Tony Barlow Menswear
Make-up: Kate Witherington – Flowers: Marion – Brisbane Market Flowers
Stationery: Peta – Urban Weddings – Cake: Matthew Arnold – Brisbane Convention & Exhibition Centre
Music: Bernie – Mr Bojangles – Transport: Grande Limousines
Honeymoon: Port Douglas & Cairns
A pigeon flew into the Chapel before the bridal procession! After a few minutes Anne-Louise’s brother Andrew managed to catch it in one hand and take it outside!
Favourite Wedding Day moment:
For the bride: Chris’ speech.
For the groom: Seeing Anne-Louise walk towards me down the aisle.
For both: We had a brief moment after the Priest’s welcome in the Wedding Ceremony where guests were asked to cross the aisle of the Chapel and meet someone new. This made us (and our guests) instantly more comfortable in the space and it made for a warm, more relaxed atmosphere for the rest of the ceremony.
Special thanks to:
- Beautiful bridesmaids Ebony, Sarah, Rathina, and handsome groomsmen Dan, Tom and Pat for supporting us and standing by our sides on the big day.
- Our Flower Girl Amelia and Page Boy Dominic for being adorable little additions to our bridal party.
- Our Priest – Monsignor John Butler for guiding us through our big day and the months leading up to it, particularly as he only arrived back in the country the day before.
- Bill, Lyn and Peter for their readings and Ellie, William, Ben, and Andrew for their prayers during the ceremony.
- Deann for decorating the Chapel so beautifully.
- Gorgeous girls Joan, Yvette and Jane for ushering guests to their seats at the Chapel.
- Patricia for making the lovely ring pillow and Patricia and Nanny for making Anne-Louise’s handy little handbag.
- Estelle for the stunningly beautiful headpiece she crafted by hand.
- Jon for doing an excellent job as our MC – what a man, what a mighty good man!
- Jane for assisting again by guiding guests through the Fingerprint Tree.
- Ben (grooms Brother) for speech printing at the last minute!
- Denise for decorating our candles and Denise and Ellie for assembling the wedding favours.
- Roger, Tony, Ebony and Dan for their kind words and extremely well delivered speeches.
- Everyone who came to celebrate with us. They all made it such a fantastic day and night. We are particularly grateful to those who travelled long distances to be with us.
In your experience what did you value most about using Ben Clark Photography ?
We really appreciated Ben and Lisa’s professional approach because it made us feel completely at ease to be in their hands. During the ceremony and reception we didn’t notice Ben/Lisa at all. This meant that we were able to be ourselves and enjoy each moment without feeling as though we had cameras on us the whole time. Quite a few of our friends and family went out of their way to tell us how impressed they were with Ben and Lisa and we found them to have the perfect balance of fun and flexibility while remaining calm and in control. Something else that we were impressed by was how they dressed – in such a way that they blended in, and that if they ended up in guests photos (as often happens at weddings) they wouldn’t detract from the photos by looking too casual.
Advice for other brides-to-be:
2. If you fail to follow advice no. 1, put your trust in professionals and try not to sweat the small stuff. We underestimated how much time it would take to plan – start early!
3. Take 5 timeouts with each other throughout the day and commit them to memory. The day goes so quickly that this will allow you to enjoy a few special moments together.
Anne-Louise and Chris Lisa & I loved hanging out with you guys on your most special day and we all had a lot of laughs ! Thank-you again for letting us be a part of your fabulous Wedding !
Please feel free to leave a comment below